Who can be a National Junior Member?
If you meet the following criteria, you can be a National Junior Member!
- A person who is 9 years of age and has not turned 22 by January 1st of the current year.
- A person who is the owner of a registered or I.E. Brown Swiss female.
Junior Member Benefits
- Free national junior membership.
- Discounts in registering animals.
- Additional discounts for registering animals when you are both a state and national member.
- Junior members who apply for adult membership before reaching the age of 22 receive 1 year of adult membership at a reduced fee.
- Eligibility for participation in National Junior Programs.
Associate Junior Member
An Associate membership is available for youth who own Brown Swiss but are not yet 9 years of age by January 1 of the current year. Associate membership provides reduced registration rates for these youth. That is the primary and only benefit of this membership. Applications are available on-line or from the national office.
To qualify the animal for national Junior Programs, animals must be registered in the junior member’s name or partnership comprised of only BSA Junior Members. (Adult-Junior and family farm partnerships are not acceptable.) In case of Junior partnership, one junior must be selected to exhibit or participate in Junior Programs. Awards will be presented as one unit, to all owners equally.