How to Register an Animal On-line
Go to website bsmsusa.com/brownSwiss/login/loginMain.php
Click on circle by Brown Swiss
Type in LogIn Name and Password
Click LogIn (Should say “Success” at top)
Click “Main Menu” (side)
Click “Open or Post Order” (side)
Enter herd number ONLY if on Brown Swiss Advantage program.
Click Open Order (bottom). This will say success at the top with an order number.
Click “Register Animal” (side)
- Skip “Register Date”
- Enter appropriate information
- NOTE: IF registering an embryo put in the embryo number you then SKIP entering the sire and dam information, the system will supply this. You do not need to put ET in the name, the system does this for you. Also only if registering a calf from an embryo do not fill in the breeding date.
- Sire and Dam only need registration number.
- Skip the Breeder, Original Owner and Current Owner: The only time you need to supply these are when you are registering an RF or ID animal out of a non-registered Brown Swiss cow. The system supplies this information. The system also fills these fields in for embryos.
- Name-Fill in name BUT DO NOT enter registered prefixes or suffixes including ET, it will be done for you by the system. Please note that your prefix may not be registered with the office. Sometimes not all family members are associated with the prefix, in that case the prefix will not appear. If you want someone added to your prefix please let the office know and we will take care of it.
- Skip Number UNLESS YOU ARE USING A NATIONAL FAIR OR OTHER AIN SUPPLIED NUMBER. If you are put the AIN number in the box. See below under registration for further instructions.
- You will automatically get an unofficial pedigree, you do not need to order one unless you need an official pedigree
Click “Update” at bottom (It should say “Success Record Updated” at top of screen in box.)
Proof information entered including your herd prefix to see if it is in the system.
Click “Register” (bottom)
If you have put a number in the box from an AIN tag when you hit register the box at the top will say “Registration number out of range”. When that message appears another gray box will appear at the bottom of the screen that says “Override” Click on override and the system will accept that number.
Gives registration number at top of screen in box
To enter another animal click “Clear” (bottom) twice and proceed with entering animal information.
If you are done entering animals to register click “Open or Post Order” (side)
Click “Post Order” (bottom)
Click “View Orders” (bottom)
Click “find” button by order you want to view
Click “Work Order Line Item” (side)
Under the “Link” section, there will be the animal’s full name at least three times. One will be an underlined link, the “unofficial pedigree” that is free with your order. Click on this link.
Print pedigree if want to.
Click “BACK” on your browser to return to the website.
Log Out when done.